* Be able to recognise different veg. and fruit plants.
* Thin out seedlings.Plant seeds.
* Transplant young plants into growing position.
* Basic understanding of composting.
* Know the meaning of Organic and connection of wildlife to growing.
* Basic Pest control.
* Basic knowledge of construction of raised beds,and the benefit and pitfalls.
* Some understanding of plants needs.
* Basic knowledge of herbs.
* Recognise weeds and their growing habits.
*Complete understanding of pH levels of soil. (Which plants require acid or alkaline soils.)
*What soil elements are required by which group of plants.
*How to carry out feeding programme for plants.
*Recognise most seeds.
*Understand composting .
*Understand catch cropping.
*Full knowledge of pest control.
*Know which pests cause which damage to plants.
*How long veg and fruit take to mature.What time of year to plant various types of veg and fruit.
*Knowledge of companion planting.
*Fighting pests without the use of chemicals.
*Good knowledge of pruning and cutting back fruit trees and bushes.
*Understand crop rotation.
*Recognise and solve the lack of elements in soil by the condition of plant.
*Adjust pH levels in soil.
*Create an area to attract beneficial wildlife.
*To organise, take control of situations as they arrive.To recognise all garden pests by the damage to crops.
*Make full use of growing area,maximising growing for crops.
*Gain through your own experience, knowledge that is not always taught.
*Site and erect garden shed.
*Erect a greenhouse to the best site to benefit crops.
*Make full use of water catchment.
*Create a composting area.
*Produce liquid plant food.
*Plan out plot.